Aug 25 - Dec 16, 2021 (Includes 2 week outreach) | BERLIN, GERMANY
What is a DBS?
During this 12-week introduction to the Bible, students will receive an overview of “God’s story” and discover more of his ways. Students will read the entire Bible, observe the chronology of biblical events, better understand each book in its historical context, understand the harmony between books, and recognize the different genres of literature and major themes found in all 66 books. By going directly to the source, students will learn foundational truths of the Christian faith.
COST: € 2300 + Outreach Costs
Topics in DBS generally follow the books you are chronologically studying. Discover the original intent of each book, as well as its various topics.
You will learn Worldview and Origins studying through Genesis, Exodus and Job. Or you might look at Leadership and Worship as you study the life of David in 1 & 2 Samuel, Chronicles and the Psalms. In studying Acts, you may find topics on Cross-Cultural Missions and the Cost of the Call. Each book is filled with insights to be discovered!
As a result, you will be able to share your faith more confidently and explain God’s Word more accurately.
Consider DBS a sequel to DTS – Students will continue the discipleship process by addressing a variety of topics, building godly character, and developing a lifelong hunger and love for the Word. This will not only be accomplished in the classroom, in one-on-one meetings and small groups, but also in evangelism and mercy ministry opportunities in the community.
By the End of the Activators DBS, You Will Have:
- Read chronologically with discussion in large and small group settings.
- Learned how to lead small Bible study groups using the inductive approach.
- Made a creative timeline of God’s Story from Genesis to Revelation, tracing the following themes:
- Main biblical events
- Revelations about God’s character and nature
- God’s redemptive plan for the world
- Given a 30-minute presentation of the Bible using elements from the themes mentioned above.
- Activated your learning through many opportunities.
If you have any questions or are in need for more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.